How to Join Your Telehealth Session
This guide will tell you everything you need to know about Telehealth and how to join sessions using TheraNest, the tool we use at our practice.
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth is the use of video and audio technologies to support long-distance services between providers and their clients.
What is TheraNest?
TheraNest is a practice management application that I use to organize my appointments, notes, and billing. TheraNest is HIPAA compliant and secure.
What equipment do I need to join a session?
You will need the following to join a Telehealth (online therapy) session with your provider:
- A computer, tablet, or phone (no applications or software download needed).
- An external or integrated webcam.
- An external or integrated microphone.
- An internet connection with a bandwidth of at least 10 MBPS. We recommend an Ethernet cable over Wifi when possible to ensure you receive the best possible connection through your internet provider. You can check your internet speed here.
- Shut down all background applications to ensure Telehealth receives the majority of your internet’s bandwidth, especially applications that use your camera.
Check out our Telehealth infographic below for best practices when setting up the optimal Telehealth space.
Do I need a specific internet browser?
If you’re using a Desktop or Laptop, we recommend:
We recommend the below if you’re using a tablet or mobile phone:
- Android – Google Chrome
- iOS (iPhone or iPad) – Safari
How do I join our session?
It’s as easy as clicking the unique link shared by your provider. There are no apps to download.
Join your session from a mobile phone, tablet, or computer. Just click, enter your name, and Join.
Will our sessions be recorded?
No. TheraNest does not allow for session video or audio to be recorded.