The following is a list of questions to ask your health insurance provider before you receive mental health services at Outlook Counseling Services, LLC:
- Are mental health benefits covered under my insurance plan?
- Does my insurance plan manage my mental health benefits or does it outsource to another agency?
- Do I need pre-authorization from my insurance company before I can see a mental health professional?
- Do I have a deductible for services?
- Are there co-payments or co-insurance for services?
- Can I see providers at Outlook Counseling Services, LLC- provider Jeanette De Marshimun, LCSW.10526 W Cermak Rd Westchester, IL 60154 (708) 735-9081.
- Will these services be considered in- or out-of-network?
- Are there any visit limits on my coverage for my mental health benefits?
Glossary of health insurance terms:
Deductible: The amount you must pay before your health insurance company starts to pay for care, for example, $1000 per individual. In most cases, a new deductible must be satisfied each calendar year.
Co-payment: A fixed dollar amount designated by your insurance that is your responsibility. The amount would depend on your benefit plan and would be the same each time.
Co-insurance: The part of your bill, which may be additional to a co-payment. Co-insurance is a percentage of your total allowable, for example, 20%.
In-network: The agency has a contract with the insurance company and provides you with care and submits your claim directly to the insurance.
Out-of-Network: The agency is not contracted with the insurance company to provide you with treatment, but insurance may cover some of the cost. You are then responsible for the rest.
Non-Covered Charges: These are costs for therapy that your insurance does not pay.